I would like to thank Merryn from Humble Heart Scribbles for my Sunshine Award Nomination. Merryn has a wonderful blog full of beautiful words and poetry. She is a favorite blog of mine and it is an honor to be recognized by her. I have received a few Liebster nominations, but this is my first Sunshine nomination. I started blogging about 6 months ago. I love sharing my experiences in motherhood with you all and being allowed into your worlds as well. I hope to continue to inspire and be inspired. Thank you for all of your loyal support. Merryn has created a list of questions for me as part of my nomination. I welcome you to stick around and find out a little bit about me as Kim, not just as mommy. Please also scroll through my list of nominees. They are all well deserved.
1. What motivates you to write? Here is the thing about me. I am not a writer. When I started blogging it was just meant to be an outlet for my creative side. I was going to showcase recipes & crafts which I do, but somehow along the way I realized that I had a lot to say and share. Sure, I am not eloquent and my grammar is probably appalling, but it gives me a voice. Surprisingly enough my voice was being heard and responded to. You have all offered me great support, advice, inspiration and food for thought.
2. Which topics do you like to write about the most? My favorite topic is my family. They are my biggest adventure.
3. What are three words that describe you best? creative, outgoing,affectionate
4. What sort of place do you like to go to for relaxation and solitude? I don’t often get much solitude or relaxation, but when I really need to recharge my batteries, I seek the quiet of my bedroom & sit on my bed for meditation. What I would like is a hammock & a book.
5. Who are your favorite authors? I love James Patterson. He is a favorite of mine. Marian Keyes is another. They are completely different styles. James Patterson is suspense and mystery, while Marian Keyes is Irish dark humor that touches upon difficult subjects in a light way.
6. What do you like to do for a hobby when you aren’t blogging? :) Anything crafty. I draw, mostly portrait. I scrapbook, paint and just plain like to create.
7. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?I honestly don’t know. It would probably be Henry Cavill aka “the Man of Steel”, just because he is dreamy.
8. Do you play a musical instrument or sing?I enjoy singing, but I am not good at it. I play a little bit of piano, but it has been a while, so I am probably pretty rusty.
9. Have you got any pets at home, or had any in the past? We had an Australian Cattle Dog, named Duke or Dukey. He was our first baby.
10. What is your favorite recipe to cook? My mother’s Asian chicken drumsticks over rice. Yum!
My nominations: Here are some of my favorites. They range from parenting to cooking to art blogs. I have many more favorites, but I could only pick 10. Thank you all.
Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite of all of the blog post that you have ever written & why?
3. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
4. Where is your favorite place that you ever traveled to?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
7. Who do you most admire?
8. What do you do in your free time other than blogging?
9. What was the last book that you read?
10. What is your favorite memory?
Post the answers as a new topic on your blog, nominate ten blogs from your blog community and make the nominees’ links active on your post. Then notify each nominee with a link back to your post. You can make up your own questions, use the ones that I did, or a combination of the two.
Thanks again Merryn http://humbleheartscribbles.wordpress.com/