For those of you that have followed along with me for a while, you know our family has a soft spot for Rice Krispies Treats. Our wedding cake was even fashioned out of 3 tiers of solid Rice Krispies Treats.
We have been eagerly anticipating spring here. It has been a week of rainbows in our home. We painted some spaghetti rainbows over the weekend.
Then today we made some Rice Krispies Treats Rainbows. We have made these before for parties and such, but tonight the treats were just for us.
5-6 cups Rice Krispies
About 40 Marshmallows
1 stick of Butter
Food coloring – red, orange ,yellow ,green ,blue & purple
1. Slice a stick of butter into 6 equal parts.
2. Line a small baking pan with wax paper. We used a 7X5X1.5. Spray the paper with cooking spray.
3. In a small sauce pan, melt one pat of butter over low heat. Stir in 6-7 medium sized marshmallows cut up into smaller pieces. Stir until melted.
4. Add a few drops of red food coloring until you get the achieved color. Stir in 3/4 cup of Rice Krispies until well coated.
5. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, packing it well. Use fingers to press in well. Wet hands work best & keep the Krispies from sticking to fingers.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 five more times with the remaining colors, layering each color on top of the last.
Let cool in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes and then lift the treats out by the wax paper. Peel off the wax paper from the treats.
Use a sharp knife to slice the treats in to thin strips.
Curve your strips into arcs to form rainbows.
Thank you as always for stopping by. Please follow us on Facebook as well.