It is almost here. Christmas is just a few days away. It has been a fun holiday season with our daughter. We have enjoyed singing carols together & snuggling up and watching Elf & the Grinch. Our daughter has also discovered just how much she loves candy canes. We have been to many Christmas parties this season & have met with Santa 4 times and each time she has accumulated a few candy canes. Candy canes are a great treats & they also make lovely and festive crafts.
Mother’s Day weekend kicked off on Friday night. My husband took me & my mother-in-law out for dinner. We have a fabulous young high school girl who occasionally baby sits for our daughter. After a lovely adult dinner, we came home to a happy toddler. Something was peculiar about our house when we got home. It was clean. The dirty dishes that I left in the sink were clean, the toys were put away and my daughter was content and reading books with the sitter on the couch. Holy crap! My 15 year old baby sitter is a better mother than I am. It was the best our house had looked in ages. My shame aside, it was nice to have a tidy house.
Saturday morning, mommy & Mai baked some muffins. Just as I was getting ready to spoon the muffin batter in the tins, my littlest baker poured salt on top of the whole mixture. Baking fail! Oh well, but look how much fun she is having.
This morning I was awoken to the beautiful sounds of my daughter’s singing. “Good morning, good morning. It’s time to say good morning.” Good morning, my sweet girl. I am anxiously awaiting my sister-in-law’s arrival. She will be coming to our home to make a mother’s day brunch for my mother-in-law and I. My mom-in-law or Nanna as she is affectionately referred to, has been a godsend. She has been there since day one, helping us with Mai. She does our child care, takes care of all of us when we are sick and is just an all around great Nanna and mother. We made a special Mother’s Day card for Nanna, with a beautiful little flower inside. We hope she likes it.
What you will need:
Your favorite picture
And here is the only Mother’s Day gift that I needed. LOVE HER!
Happy Mother’s Day to all you mothers out there and for my mama in heaven. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with your families.
I know most mommies are biased about their children. We all think our children are the most beautiful, the most brilliant, the funniest kids in the world. I am no exception. I find my child absolutely fascinating. She is so bright and continues to get smarter everyday. She is very proud of the new things she learns and likes to tell us and show us how much she knows.
This guest post is brought to you from Hefty. I am happy to welcome Katie from Hefty to the Pinterested Parent today.
Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it! Little kids love to join in the celebrations of Valentine’s Day, so here are a few more ideas for celebrating with them:
- Wear Red One of the easiest ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day is to simply dress your kid in red or pink. There are always shirts with hearts, too!
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast If you have a heart-shaped cookie cutter, then you can try cutting toast out in the shape of hearts. Just add some red jelly or fruit preserves for a touch of the signature Valentine’s Day color.
- Make Cookies for a Neighbor You and your child could make cookies together for an elderly neighbor. The neighbor will appreciate the thoughtful gesture on this holiday, and you and your son or daughter will have fun making the cookies together. You can give the neighbor the cookies on disposable dishes so you don’t have to worry about getting the plate back later.
- Decorate the House Take foam plates and decorate them by using crayons or cutting hearts out of red and pink construction paper. You can bind multiple plates together by using ribbon. Thread the ribbon through holes that you make in the lips of the plate. This decoration could then be hung up above a fireplace or on a wall.
- Make Cards Homemade cards will surprise your family and friends, and your little ones will love giving them out. Construction paper, colored pencils, doilies, crayons, glue, and stickers will all help to make fun Valentines.
Have a very happy Valentine’s Day!
Author Bio: This is a guest post by Katie F. on behalf of Hefty®. Visit www.hefty.com to find products like trash bags and more that can help you out with your busy life.