When I am sick & in bed there are only two things I like to do, sleep & watch movies. I love movies. We have a large collection of them. I have so many favorites, it is sometimes difficult to know which one’s to pick. As I look through our collection of films trying to choose one, it got me thinking of my favorite movies of all time. In my sick haze I have compiled a list of some of my top picks. Incidentally, the movie I chose to watch as I type this in bed, is Adam Sandler’s ‘Bed Time Stories’. It did not make any of my lists but it is awfully cute.
Favorite Romantic Comedies
1. The Princess Bride – This is actually my all time favorite movie. It has been ever since I a saw it in the movie theater when it first released in 1987.
2. Say Anything
3. 50 First Dates
Favorite Dark Comedies
1. In Bruges – If you have not seen this Colin Farrell movie about a hit man in hiding in Bruges, Belgium. It is a must see. My husband & I liked this so much we actually visited Bruges just to see all the landmarks in the film.
2. War of the Roses
3. Raising Arizona
1. Grease – I love musicals but Grease tops the list with it’s good girl meets bad boy story line & catchy sound track.
2. My Fair Lady
Favorite Feel Good Movies
1. August Rush – This has quickly become one of my new all time favorites. This is a beautiful story of an orphan who uses his musical prodigy to find his parents. I tear up every time. 2. Legally Blond
1. Legends of the Fall – I love this movie about 3 brothers all in love with the same woman. My husband and I if we had a boy were going to name him Tristan, which was Brad Pitt’s character’s name in this movie.
3. The Departed
1. Caddy Shack – It was almost impossible to pick my favorite comedies because I have so many. There are so many great ones out there that I could quote & requote a million times but Caddy Shack definitely takes my top spot.
2. Tommy Boy
3. Billy Madison
1. Star Wars series – I love Star Wars. I really do. I own them all.
3. Krull – It is super cheesy & old. The special effects are terrible but I still love this movie. I don’t care.
Favorite Action Movies
1. The Professional
2. Die Hard
Favorite Romantic Dramas
1. Titantic – The only movie that I have ever gone to the theater multiple times to see.
2. The Bridges of Madison County
3. The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
1. The Shining – “All work & no play make Jack a dull boy.”
Favorite Fantasy Movies
1. All of the Harry Potter series – I love all things Harry Potter. The books are also included in my list of favorite books.
2. Big Fish
Favorite Animated Films
1. The Little Mermaid – I think it is all about the music for me in this one. I know every song by heart. My girlfriend & I auditioned for a high school talent show with ‘Part of Your World’
2. Despicable Me
1. Gone With the Wind – I just watched this recently on Netflix & it is just as fantastic as I remember.
3. An Affair to Remember
Favorite Movies That I Am A Little Embarrassed About
1. The House Bunny – Ok, so Anna Farris plays a Playboy bunny who becomes a failing sorority’s house mother. It is silly & dumb but oh my god is it funny.
2. Romy & Michelle
3. Bring it On
These are just my personal favorites and opinions. They by no means represent the top movies according to the masses. If you do not see your favorites add them in the comments. I would love to hear your thoughts.