There is nothing scary about these adorable scarecrow puppets.
By now, you have probably already realized that I am in love with all things fall. Fall trees and their leaves are my absolute favorite, but coming in a very close second are scarecrows. They are just so cute with their hair made out of hay, their floppy hats and their overalls. These black glue scarecrow puppets are fun to design and paint and will make for a fun fall themed puppet show for the kids when they are done.
*This post contains affiliate links*
I am a huge fan of gingerbread. Every year in November, I start gathering my supplies to build a big gingerbread house.
Last weekend, I threw my sister a baby shower. I had been planning it for months. I made diaper cakes for every table with small woodland stuffed animals on top of each. Each diaper cake was built around a paper towel roll. I made nine cakes in all.
Yesterday I did a post about the irrational fears of mothers. A reader commented that these irrational thoughts are part of our job description. This made me chuckle. My response was that our job description is far too long, that sometimes I forget what is on it. It got me thinking. Being a parent is a difficult job. It is demanding, keeps long hours & you never get a day off. Our list of responsibilities is a lengthy one.
A Mother’s Resume
The Pinterested Parent
To successfully raise our child to be a sweet, smart, well-mannered young lady with family values, respect for others and a strong sense of self, without screwing it all up.
Mother to Mai (January 2012-present)
Child Care Manager
- Nursing with no regard to sore breasts, bleeding nipples or mastitis
- Changed thousands of soiled diapers & cleaned poop out of clothing, hair and sheets on several occasions.
- Endured sleepless nights comforting a crying baby, a cranky toddler, a sick kid & a scared child
- Over-protector and dirty look wielder to playground bullies
- Kissed and bandaged many boo boos & ouchies
- Wiper of runny noses, poopy bottoms, dirty hands & tears
- Personal chef to the most finicky of eaters
- Washed, bathed, shampooed & brushed the teeth of a squirming child daily
- Hairdresser & stylist specializing in pig tales & Elsa braids
- Responsible for transport by either horsey ride, piggy back, carrying, stroller or car
- Diffusing tantrums & meltdowns
- Teacher of colors, objects, animals, math, reading, sign language, problem solving and geography
- Acting as a role model trying to accomplish all of the things in the above objective without passing on all of my own bad habits and short comings
- Professor of arts & crafts with a deep focus on paper plate art, painting, Play-Doh sculptures & macaroni art
- Assists in the progression of crawling, walking, talking, potty training & riding a bike
- Responsible for discussions on God, love, sex, death and other various subjects pertaining to life
Purveyor of memories
- Amateur photojournalist chronicling the life of my little girl from birth to present day
- Collector of art projects & drawings
- Archiver of cute, funny & beautiful moments that I will hold securely in my heart & head
Head of Entertainment
- Skilled at Peekaboo, I got your nose & shadow puppets
- Builder of sheet forts & puzzles
- Lead singer of popular children’s songs & silly made up ones
- Tea party guest and Play-Doh cake taste tester
- Master story teller and book reader
- Knock Knock joke aficionado
- Washer of dirty laundry (no sir, that is actually daddy)
- Sweeps up dried up Play-Doh, glitter, crumbs, chunks of crayon, etc…
- Wipes up juice spills and potty training accidents
- Picks up toys, and then picks them up again and then again and again
- Instructs our little housekeeper in training how to be responsible for all of the above chores
- Carrying a diaper bag, pocket book, juice boxes and stuffed animal while balancing a child on the hip
- Giver & receiver of unconditional love
- Demonstrating patience when my patience wears thin
- Expert at hugs, kisses & cuddles
- Mind reader during incomprehensible crying fits
- References are available in crayon upon request.